Hello to all potential bloggers on my new expedition.
My name is Jason Griffin. I’m a cancer, enjoy good books,
good movies, and good company.
However, these days, it’s become harder and harder to
define what qualifies as a good movie. I rarely meet a critic who regularly
agrees with
my opinions on films (for example, one critic gave one my
favorite superhero movies, Spiderman,
a 2 star rating, while giving Texas Chain Saw Massacre 3 1/2 ugh).
Furthermore, I listen to people of faith critique movies,
and they don’t seem like fair reviews. They generally critic rather or not it’s
a 'family film' and leave it at that, not really discussing if the movie itself
is worth seeing or rather or not Christian examples can be found in it.
So I decided to create my own viewpoint on the topic of
movies.
Here is how I will go about doing it.
Simply put, in
five sections:
- Overall Opinion. This will be the general review bit.
How was it, was the action/story/characters believable, and end it with a star
rating (out 4 stars)
(will include the main theme/message of the movie)
(will include the main theme/message of the movie)
- Content. short explanations of the level of Violence,
Sex, Language, and drug usage involved
- Family Rating: Should audiences mind the rating?
(honestly, don't expect me telling you to take kids
to an underrated
movie. Sorry folks, but movies are given ratings for a reason. If a film says
PG-13, ‘little jimmy’ should not go on).
- Christian undertones. For the faith based bloggers, I
added this little bit. This section votes as to rather or not the film is good
for using as a means of explaining Christ to others, and if so, than in what
way. Hopefully there will be a lot of "Yes" on this one
-Final Say: Two quick answers to two questions. Is it
worth seeing? And must you see it in theaters?
In today’s ever growing media world, I hope to be of help
people make the right choices in what to see.
That’s all I got for now. I will be soon loading lists of
favorite movies/scenes so as to give
you guys a rough idea of my loves/dislikes, as well as a
couple movie reviews of the past month.
Till then, keep watching fellow movie lovers!
No comments:
Post a Comment